Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Welcome of Sorts

Last night into the early hours of the morning, I posted "So I Remember Later."
I shared it with the people who made yesterday meaningful for me.
Little did I know, one of them would go on to share it where we work and it would be posted on To Write Love's blog.
I am honored and thankful and appreciative and smiley. :)
I have worked for To Write Love since last September, and the blog is still one of the most powerful things for me.
Being able to have my own words posted there is a victory and a blessing and an answer.

I say all this to welcome any new readers.
If you look at the archives, you see I'm not the most frequent blogger.
While I hope to change that, it is always my first goal to string together words that move me and other people, words that are true and feel so real you think you might be able to touch them.
I'm glad you're reading, that you are letting your story intersect with mine.
I hope you feel the freedom to email or comment with questions, thoughts, or even your own writing.
Know that what you're thinking matters, that your story is worth telling.
I hope you'll stick with me through this season, that maybe at our intersection we will stop awhile and plant a garden.

For now, may your Tuesday night be warm and bright.
May you read good books with a cup of tea and rest in the knowledge that joy comes in the morning.
Whoever you are, wherever you are, remember you are loved.

whitney

7 comments:

  1. "She reminded me that tight strings make for beautiful melodies and maybe my melody of this time will serve a purpose for someone else."

    I think that your melody of this time has spoken to many, many people. Thank you for sharing your talent and your thoughts. namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read what you wrote through facebook on To Write Love On Here Arms and I feel in love with the way you wrote/ expressed yourself through words. Your words held so much meaning to me. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited this site because of the TWLOHA facebook link, and your words are beautiful. Beautiful, moving, touching, and real. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences. I, too, can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Whitney! I just started reading your blog and I am very inspired by it. Your words have great meaning in them. I also have a blog but don't write as often as I would like.
    Check it out
    www.karinapaz.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey whitney!
    first let me say i'm amazed by your writing. I also came to it through TWLOH, but on twitter!
    Your words were incredibly inspiring. my work may not be that great, but it's the breathing of my heart:
    www.challenge180.blogspot.com

    keep up the amazing writing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for your kind words.
    I have read them over and over because they mean so much.
    I'm thankful you stopped by and read a little.
    I hope you'll keep dropping in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i must say that im about 3 posts into your blog and i do think, well i do know its some of the most charmingly written thoughts ive had the pleasure to consume with my ever so curious eyes. I know for sure i will visit probably more than i should, but i must say i feel like you say what im thinking when i didnt even know it was what i was thinking

    ReplyDelete